Sunday, 11 November 2012

Literary Diner Party

Hello everyone I have decided to create a literary diner party. While there are some more structured forms of literary diner parties I could base mine off of I  have decided to do a more vague one. I will be adding to this a lot so check back for updates on my fictional part. :)

  First of all who am I inviting:

I will be inviting five non-fictional guests and thirteen fictional ones. My dinner party is very welcome to all creatures...

1. Danika
2. Julia
3. Jami
4. Brianna
5. Hedwig (Harry Potter series)
6. Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter series)
7. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter series)
8. Harry Potter  (Harry Potter series)
9. Katniss Everdeen  (Hunger Games trilogy)
10. Miri Laurendaughter (The Princess Academy)
11. Buckbeak (Harry Potter series)
12. Firestar (Warrior series)
13. Dumbledore (Harry Potter series)
14. Tally Youngblood (Uglies series)
15. Aya Fuse (Uglies series)
16. Sable (my dog)
17. Lucky (Survivors series)

Invites:

Activities:

Here is a list of activities that we would do at my literary diner party.

1. Readers theatre (in groups people/characters would work together to create a play from a scene based on a favourite book.)

2.

Food here is the food that I would serve:

Appetizers:

Warm flat bread with various toppings - I love flat bread I love the taste and the fact it is a very versatile food by serving it with many different toppings I might be able to satisfy everyone's taste.

Philo pastries with various toppings- I recently made Philo pastries in my foods elective and they were delicious. Again they are another great option for suiting different tastes.

Thick cut potato wedges- I absolutely love potato wedges as they are just thick fries that taste more like potato and less like grease and salt! Yum!

Various crackers and antipasto- antipasto is delicious and by offering different flavours of crackers to go with it I could please all my guests.

Entrees:

Spaghetti Bolognese- When Tally was traveling to the smoke all she had to eat was dehydrated spaghetti bolognese meaning she had to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a week, and I think it would be hilarious to see her reaction when she saw this dish being served at my diner party.

Jacket Potatoes- I love baked potatoes and they are also common fare at Hogwarts sure to please all my guests that go to the magical school.

Lamb soup with dried plums- Katniss's favourite thing about the capitol. :)

Carnivores delight casserole- For all the animals at my party (people probably don't want this as it may contain mice)

French Onion Soup- :D





Desserts:

 Chocolate brownies- My favourite

Chocolate cake with chocolate icing- A general crowd pleaser that may bring Harry sweet memories of his first birthday cake brought to him by Hagrid.

Lemon drops- I love lemon and so does Dumbledore. :)

Homemade chocolate and vanilla ice cream: YUM

Birthday cake fudge- My friend made me some of this and it was delicious!

Pumpkin patsies- A treat from the Hogwarts express!






6 comments:

  1. Love the characters you chose! But you didn't invite any unicorns *gasp*! ;) And the Dogs in Ties are soooo cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Thanks for inviting me. >:P I'm so excited to see more of this party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very strange.... Twilight is evidently better than Harry Potter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirstin, I love your theme for you blog it really fits in with what you post and the purpose of the blog. I also really like your idea of a literary dinner party! I especially like how you kept in ming that all of the characters were very different from each other and planned your party around that. I was wondering why you chose the characters that you did, if it was to increase the quality or they are just your favourites. I love your blog, Great job!

    ReplyDelete