Saturday, 3 November 2012

Luna Lovegood's Soundtrack

I have just created a soundtrack for one of my favourite characters. Luna Lovegood for this soundtrack I have tried to pick songs that both reflect her diverse personality and that she would enjoy listening to. (In my mind anyway)


1. The first song I chose for Luna’s sound track is “Untouchable” by Taylor Swift. I chose this song because I think it really reflects Luna’s personality.  She is unique and quirky character who others tease but harsh words do not faze her.  Luna stays true to herself and finds friends that bring out this amazing aspect of her personality.

2. The second song I chose for Luna’s soundtrack is “Lions” by Lights.  I selected this song because it reflects that although Luna is in Ravenclaw house she is as courageous as her friends from the brave house of Gryffindor. This courage is represented in the house symbol of a lion.  The song lyrics are encouraging like Luna who is always reassuring other. I appreciate how it has magical references, reminding me of Hogwarts. A great example of this is how boldly Luna fought at the Ministry of Magic in the fifth book.


3. The third song I chose for Luna’s soundtrack is “Who Says” by Selena Gomez.  I choose this song because Luna embraces her unique personality throughout the book series.  She always encourages Harry to stay true to himself even when he feels that he is different and other students are judging him. An example of this is when everyone thought Harry was mad when he said Voldemort came back but Luna urged him to continue to tell the truth and not shy away from others. 

4. The fourth song I selected for Luna’s soundtrack is “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield. I chose this song because it reflects that Luna has a hidden determination behind the strange personality that causes a lot of people to avoid her. This song talks about you can only be you because I think that is how Luna sees things.

5. The fifth song I chose is “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong. I chose this song because I think it illustrates how much Luna enjoys nature and how she finds beauty in the smallest and most overlooked places. A good example of this is how Luna suggested flying on Thestrals to get to the Ministry of Magic in the fifth book.   Most people find them creepy and bad omens whereas Luna saw them as useful beings because of their incredible sense of direction. 

6. The sixth song I chose is “Pocketful of sunshine” by Natasha Bedingfield. I chose this song because it illustrates the fact that Luna is very optimistic and she spreads this optimism to others through encouragement and empathy. An Example of this is when Luna comforts Harry by reminding him that he will see him again someday. I love this part because she is thoughtful and respectful yet hopeful. 

7. The final song I chose for this sound track I wrote myself. It is called “Fly on wings” I chose it because the message of faith and staying strong within the lyrics reflects how hopeful and reflective Luna is I also choose it because it creates a direct connection between me and my all time favorite character. Here are the lyrics:

Sometimes you feel like your feet are planted firmly to the ground 
Sometimes you feel like there is no one else around 
Sometimes you feel like everything's dark and dim
But there is someone just an arms length away 
To guide you to a brighter day so don't give uuuuup 

Because your hopes fly on wings so don't give uuuup 
Because your hopes and dreams will guide you
Your not alooooone and soon you will be soaringggg
Away from your cares because 
Your hopes and dreams fly on wings

Ohh sometimes you feel like the world out to get you
Sometimes you feel like you want to disappear
Sometimes you feel like everyone forgets you and your all a-lone
But someone is there to lead you home so don't give uuuuup

Because your dreams fly on wings so don't give uuuup 
Because your hopes and dreams will guide you
Your not aloooone and soon you will be soaringggg 
Away from your cares because
Your hopes and dreams fly on wings

So just stand tall and your faith will take care of it all
 Be yourself don't get lost in somebody else
If you feel small make a change and you will be tall
Remember your not a-lone so reach for somebody to guide back home and don't give up

Because your hopes and dreams fly on wings sooo don't give up because
Your hopes and dreams will guide you 
Your not alone and soon you will be soaringggg 
Away from your cares because 
Your hopes and dreams fly on wings 
Fly on wings 
Fly on wiiiiiiiiiings

All credits to the artists  
I am sorry there is no direct way to get to the songs this is because I don't own very many 

3 comments:

  1. Kirsten, you are so obviously "litspired." This is an awesome challenge, and I loved your own lyrics. I would really like to see you score these lyrics. Do you have a friend who would work with you maybe on garage band?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will try to do them on garage band soon.

      Delete
  2. I loved your sound track. Your song choices were all inspirational and you gave solid reasons and examples for why you selected each song. I also appreciate the fact you wrote your own song!! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete