Saturday, 2 March 2013

Liebster Blog Award


Thanks to Julia @http://write4porsche.blogspot.ca for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award

Here are the rules:

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and create a link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.

2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about your self and create 11 questions for your nominees
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to all blogs who you feel deserved to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (no tag backs)
4. Paste the award onto you blog 

My answers to Julia's questions:
1. What is your favourite place to read? My favourite place to read is in my fuzzy chair in my room it is cozy and did I mention extremely fuzzy! :)
2. What blog post of yours is the best representation of who you are? Probably Luna Lovegood's soundtrack. I relate to her as a character, we look very similar and many of the songs I chose for her relate to my life a well.
3. Have you ever dreamt of becoming and author? The answer to this is yes! I love to read and my love to read inspires me to write as well it has secretly been my dream to write a book and have J.K Rowling herself write the recommendation quote thing on the front cover. 
4. What's better reading or writing? Hmmm.. tough question but I would have to say reading I read to escape to another world and relax which is great feeling. Forgetting my worries for a while is wonderful. When I write I put a lot of emotion in my writing, so it is hard for me sometimes. So reading for the freedom it provides.
5. What fictional world do you most want to live in? Hogwarts! Do I even need to explain. Fine three words magic, feasts, adventure. 
6. Do you like/agree with common trends in reading currently? Honestly I don't know what very many of those trends are. I like reading dystopian novels which I know are trending right now but I am not big on romance novels. I also love to blog on the books I have read which seems pretty popular.
7. What would you dream library look like? My dream library would be a lot like the Ravenclaw common room with high ceilings and an airy feel to it. It would be furnished with comfy blue fuzzy chairs and lovely mahogany shelves. Another very important feature of my library would be that the books would be unlimited and if you found a book you loved you could keep it and another would magically take its place.
8. When do you judge wether or not you take time to read a blog? Honestly aesthetics  play a major part in this if a blog looks pretty it will draw my attention and if the first post it interesting I will most likely take the time to read it. Also a post about Harry Potter does not hurt.
9. What's your view on graphic novels?  I will read any from of literature if it is interesting enough. As a painter I can also gain inspiration from the illustrations in the graphic novels. So yes I will read and enjoy them if they have good themes and plots 
10. E-books, Hardcover or paper back anything I can get my hands on at the soonest possible time!
11. What makes you want to blog? I started this blog as a school blog but I have gone waaaaaaaaay past the criteria because I want to share my love for literature.

Random facts about me:
1. I am a huge dog lover I collect non-fiction dog books (I have 15!) and it is my goal in life to be able to identify and remember the names of all 350+ dog breeds registered by the AKC
2. I have been playing the flute 3 years and I still think my biggest accomplishment is learning how to play Hedwig's Theme 
3. I talk waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much
4. I am a dancer! I take Jazz and Ballet 
5. I have re-read the Harry Potter series 6 times
6. I am a twin
7. I love to paint and sketch animals, particularly dogs
8. it is my dream to travel to Japan
9. I want to be a vet with one very small problem I am insanely squeamish 
10. I got to interact one on one with an orca whale (no I did not get to swim with it) but I got to feed it! By the way the whale's name was Orche (Or-key)
11. My favourite number is 7 because JK Rowling believes that is a lucky number

My Nominees:

1. Maggie @ http://maggsbookblogger.blogspot.ca

9.
10.
11.

I will try to add more later...


My questions for my nominees:

1. What is your all time favourite book and why?
2.  How do you choose what books you want to read?
3. What is your favourite genre of book?
4. If you could have a room designed only for the purpose of reading what would it look like? (example: the floor of my room would be made of pillows)
5. What is your favourite blog post you created and why? 
6. If you could write a letter to any author who would you write to and why?
7. If you could travel any where where would you travel? (This could be a real place or a fictional place?)
8. Do you like to read or write more?
9. What character from a book do you think you are most like?
10. What is your favourite thing about having a litspiration blog?
11. If you could have any animal as a pet (real of fictional) what animal would you have? 


3 comments:

  1. sorry for the weird font on this post I will try to fix it

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!! I was nominated thankyou, and you are so awesome!
    I am going to answer all of the questions...
    1) My favorite book I have read is The Summer I Turned Pretty series.
    2)I look at what books my friends have said i have to read, and I also just read the back of books.
    3) My favorite genre is Fanticy
    4) I would have a giant purple bookshelf, and I would have a computer that when i typed a book in that i wanted to read it would pop out of the bookshelf. It would also have all of my favorite books in it and all of the books I want to read. I would have a big cloud chair i would sit on to read.
    5) Mine is my review on The Help. This is becasue i think this is my best book review i made so far, adn it was fun to make.
    6) To Scott Westerfeld... I would ask him why he changed characters in Extras.
    7) I would travel to Folordia. Disney World!
    8) I like to read more
    9) I get to read more in school!!!
    10) I would have a really tiny puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool you should make a post on your blog similair to mine list the rules, the answers to my questions, 11 random facts about you, 11 nominees and questions for them :)

    ReplyDelete